Monday, April 21, 2008

Ellie

We just got back from the doctor and my 28 week appointment. We had an ultrasound and all seems well. Ellie is a big baby measuring in the 85th percentile. They say she is measuring a week ahead of schedule. The midwife said that doesn't really mean anything about when she is going to come though. It may have just been an early growth spurt. Her heart rate was 137, and kidneys, bladder, and other organs all looked good. I still have a low lying placenta, however it not sever enough to be Placenta Previa. The midwife took me off my restrictions :) YEA!!!!! She said the only thing that the low lying placenta may cause is a C-section, which I mean whatever as long as Ellie is safe and healthy. They will do another ultrasound on May 16th to see if that will be necessary. Here are some of the ultrasound pictures. 


The top picture is of her face. It is side ways but very detailed. It is really cool to see her distinct facial features. The bottom one shows that she is still a girl!

3 comments:

pat gillen said...

where's Kelly?

I'm glad you guys had a great visit! She'll be as big as Shay when she gets here! He's in the 10th percentile!

Kristen said...

Yay Ellie! I'm glad she's still a girl. If you have to have a C-section, you know you can count on me to help you out with anything until you are all better. Too bad they don't have Friend Leave.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Ellie's gorgeous :)