Monday, May 5, 2008

Quiet Monday

Today was a good day. I went to work and helped with cheerleading tryouts. I really like the idea of being able to help when I feel like it and not having to be there all the time. Then I thought I was going to have to stay for the 5th grade open house but the other teachers told me to go home since I wasn't going to be at Davis next year. I had an IEP today that the parents weren't able to come to so I just sent the paperwork home. I also got a really nice compliment from our assistant principal. She said she really wished I wasn't leaving Davis and that if I wasn't she would have offered me the head of the SPED department job. I would not want that job but I was definitely stunned by what that meant. I have only been a teacher for a year and a half and she wants to promote me to department head already. I felt like that was really saying a lot. I just hope I can make as good of an impression at Chestatee next year. So I got to come home early and spend a quiet evening with Geoff. We had some Moe's for dinner and just hung out some. He made me waffles for breakfast on our new waffle maker. We learned that even though the waffle maker is non-stick you really should still use cooking spray. The first waffle did not come out so good but the second was very yummy. A couple of weeks ago he decided he wanted to make breakfast for us everyday before work and I have absolutely loved it. We get to spend some time together in the morning and it starts my day of great. He is so sweet for doing that for me. This past weekend was great too. It was a drill weekend and usually I hate them but this one wasn't' bad.  I worked and then went to meet Geoff at John and Jen's house where we stayed and dog sat Saturday night. John and Jen were really nice for letting us stay at their house. It really helped Geoff out not to have to drive but still be able to spend some time with me, Hailey, and Holly. We also went to a Guard bonfire. It was fun and very interesting as usually (those guys are really different from what I am use too). Sunday I slept late. I missed church and that makes me sad but I just couldn't swing it this week. Then I picked Geoff up from drill (early amazingly enough). We headed home and since are AC isn't working our wonderful friends Pat and Mel let us come eat dinner with them in their cool house. They even cooked our food for us so our house wouldn't get hot, aren't they awesome. I am excited about tomorrow night because we get to watch baby Shay while Pat and Mel go out for an evening. I really truly love Shay and he makes me so excited about Ellie. Well that's enough about my boring life. I am sure everyone gets tired of hearing about how great my friends and husband are.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love to hear about your "boring" life!!!