Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review!

2008 has been a great year, definitely up there with the best years of my life. A lot of things happened, but the best by far is the birth of our little girl Ellie. It definitely changed our life, but for the better. I cannot imagine life without her any more. 

2008 in Review
  • Geoff has been to many many schools getting ready for deployment. Air Assault- Ft. Benning, Umo- Ft. Stewart, NTC- Ft. Irwin, Ft. Leavenworth, Ft. Polk, Ft. McClellen, and a week in Yuma, AZ trying to get to a course in Cali. 
  • Lots of Weddings- my cousin Brian, my friends Kirstin and Julie, and my little sister Brittany.
  • We went to Chattanooga and Blue Ridge on mini vacations
  • Lots of Babies were born- Shay, Madison, Cole, Alyssa, Aubry, Finley, Sophia, and of course Ellie.
  • Geoff changed units AGAIN! He also changed jobs... driving to Calhoun every day sucks.
  • We have been preparing for deployment. You wouldn't believe what it takes to get ready to leave home for an entire year. 
  • I had to leave Davis and all my friends there. Christa, Stacy, Terenca, and Paige... I miss you guys, however I started job sharing with Mel and keeping the kids when I am off. It is great and Chestatee has been a great school to work for so far. All the people there have been so nice.
  • We have spent a lot of time hanging out with friends and family. I love my friends and family and they are going to be my saving grace next year. 
Looking back at all the great things we have done this year. It really has been a milestone year. I love the way our lives change so much over the course of one year. January 1st always brings new hope and new adventures. 

2009 is already a new adventure. I will spend the year raising our little girl while my husband goes to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan. I am going to miss him more than words can say but I am focused on a few important things for 2009.

Here is my list of New Years resolutions:
  • Spend more time with friends and developing even better relationships with the girls.
  • Spend more time with family and focus on developing Ellie's relationship with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
  • WORK OUT- I have to get this baby weight off before Geoff comes back home. 
  • Spend more time on my relationship with God. 
  • Spend lots of time with my daughter.
  • Keep my relationship with my husband alive across several seas.
Well that is all for 2008, heres to hoping that 2009 brings as many adventures, surprises and as much happiness as 2008. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: